VOIP over VPN

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2008

I have a site in London that has Cisco VOIP running off a 2811. We have a VPN tunnel up and running. I have a 2811 that some else started to config. Is there a link that would show me how to configure the other 2811 correctly. This going to be a test. Any help would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ebreniz Mon, 09/29/2008 - 13:13

It will work but It's not recommended with 2811. Although VPNs guarantee a secure pipe end-to-end, they don't guarantee latency and variations in latency (Jitter). Therefore, the voice quality will likely suffer, depending on traffic conditions on the 'net.

Marwan ALshawi Mon, 09/29/2008 - 21:16

hi Spencer

i can see from the files u have attached that u have a CME and u may look to let users in a remote site to rigister with that cme

based on ur requiremnt u will need basicly normal VPN between those router

but u need to conisder the ports that involved in the VOIP,and IP telephony to let t he phones rigister and voip flow over vpn

the following link is a case similer to yours but it include a firewall setup

igonre the firewall but consider the ideas like ip source and destination and PORTS :

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1c66f/2#selected_message

good luck

if helpful Rate

Actions

This Discussion