cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP over VPN

wplantier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site in London that has Cisco VOIP running off a 2811. We have a VPN tunnel up and running. I have a 2811 that some else started to config. Is there a link that would show me how to configure the other 2811 correctly. This going to be a test. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

It will work but It's not recommended with 2811. Although VPNs guarantee a secure pipe end-to-end, they don't guarantee latency and variations in latency (Jitter). Therefore, the voice quality will likely suffer, depending on traffic conditions on the 'net.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi Spencer

i can see from the files u have attached that u have a CME and u may look to let users in a remote site to rigister with that cme

based on ur requiremnt u will need basicly normal VPN between those router

but u need to conisder the ports that involved in the VOIP,and IP telephony to let t he phones rigister and voip flow over vpn

the following link is a case similer to yours but it include a firewall setup

igonre the firewall but consider the ideas like ip source and destination and PORTS :

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1c66f/2#selected_message

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: