cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip load-sharing per-packet

rmartinjr24
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 T1's in a MLPP bundle. I noticed that 2 of the 3 serial interfaces have "ip load-sharing per-packet" defined. Is the config ignored whenever the serial interfaces are part of a multilink bundle? The multilink interface does not have this defined.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

You are correct that if load-sharing per-packet is configured on the serial interfaces that are part of a multilink bundle then the load-sharing command is ignored, since the serial interfaces are not routing packets.

My suggestion is to remove those config statements from the serial interfaces. They are not changing the forwarding behavior but they potentially introduce ambiguity about the behavior.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

You are correct that if load-sharing per-packet is configured on the serial interfaces that are part of a multilink bundle then the load-sharing command is ignored, since the serial interfaces are not routing packets.

My suggestion is to remove those config statements from the serial interfaces. They are not changing the forwarding behavior but they potentially introduce ambiguity about the behavior.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply

Richard

I am glad that my answer was helpful to you. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that there was an answer that did resolve the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card