Views
Helpful
Replies

only international calls are not working

mohdashraq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Call Manager 4.2(3)sr4, when I dial international calls i receive fast busy tone, calls that are using other patterns are working fine, when I tried to debug isdn q931, I dont see the call pass to the voice router, while i can see it for other calls.

Regards,

Mohammad

7 Replies 7

anshar_ali
Level 1
Level 1

hi mohammed

explain the physical connection tooo

make sure that the the pattern is not stripped off

regards

Hi,

the physical connection is: IPP - CCM - Gateway.

when I use the MGCP for the international calls, the calls are going through successfully but when I use the H323 protocol, i receive a busy tone.

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

This can be a problem with the ISDN type that is sent if this is a PRI. CallManager by default will send International calls as type:International. Some providers do not accept calls when they are sent this way. I have had to change the type to UNKNOWN before in order for the telco provider to accept this. Do this on the Gateway config change "Called party IE number type unknown" to 'unknown' instead of 'CallManager', and see if that helps. Don't forget to reset the gateway.

Hi,

I have done it, but still the same issue.

when i canged it from h323 to mgcp the problem is solved, but i need to use the h323 for third party client, so do you have any idea about the solution for H323.

Thanks and Regards

Are you using the same H323 gateway instance within CallManager to route national and international calls? If you can't see any Q931 data for these calls it sounds like they aren't even getting to the gateway, which could be explained by a mistyped IP address in the H323 Gateway defination within CCM.

What about Trace files? Could it be matching a different route pattern of translation pattern which would route it to something other than the H323 gateway? Although that wouldn't explain why it would work with MGCP...

Hi,

I am using the sam gateway for both national and iternational.

I used the trace and the dialed digits analyzer both indicate that they are using the same pattern

If you aren't seeing anything on the q931 trace, something must be happening on the CallManager. Can you snip out a portion of the trace file and post it here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: