IPCC Enterprise Outbound Routing

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2008

Got a scenario with IPCC Enteprise 6X with Outbound Dialing and IPIVR. Campaign will be set to leave prerecorded messages with appt times and name/address. Calls answered by live person will hear a different message than calls answered by a machine. Trying to figure out how to configure the system so that I can route calls differently to the IVR based on calls answered by an actual person and the ones answered by an answering machine (all within one campaign). Is there a way to route these two calls differently? Might be a simple solution but I've never done outbound before so any help would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SAN J Fri, 10/03/2008 - 07:16

Yes, I got some answers. On 7.1.1 and higher version of UCCE, you can do this with Call Progress Analysis (CPA) enabled and by utilizing the ICM Script Editor to route based on call classification. Check out the cisco doc below on page 66 step 9. Hope this helps.

If you have a lower version, according to Cisco there is no way to do this except to re-iniiate another campaign that looks at the results of the initial campaign after the first one and based on that call out the ones designated as answered by a machine. In essence, it will require two campaigns to handle the answering machines - pretty hokey if you ask me.

Technically, all the options for configuring it in 7.1.1 the ideal way is also available on the lower version (at least in 6.X) so it might work but I haven't tested it yet.

Hope this helps.

SAN J Fri, 10/03/2008 - 14:40

Yes, this is what the docs states...however, it says it's only from release 7.1(1) and higher. If you have an older release, it might not work - I haven't tested it so not sure if it will or not.

This Discussion