Views
Helpful
Replies

No Central Manager License in 4.1

andrew.andy316
Level 1
Level 1

I recently used the dynamic configurator tool and got this response:

Starting release 4.1.1 no requirement to select WAAS-CNTRL-MGR separately, it is included with WAAS-ENT-APL, please select WAAS-ENT-APL instead of WAAS-CNTRL-MGR

What I want to know is in a deployment of three devices, 2 application accelerators and 1 central manager, am I going to need 3 enterprise licenses?

I am not sure where Cisco is going with this as an Enterprise license is significantly more expensive than a central manager license and I would have bought a license that unlocks functions that will never be used on a Central Manager.

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andrew,

The CM functionality is now part of the Enterprise license in the 4.1 release.

Regards,

Zach

I ran into this as well. Had to by enterprise even though I was getting no more functionality.

This is not a great thing and should be revisited. there are no additional features in CM that are leveraged as a result of the additional expence for Enterprise licence.

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

The WAE274 appliance is can be used as the CM with enterprise license to manage up to 100 devices. Cost is 6500.00

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: