cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to measure latency & availability for windows workstation in IPM

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody tell me how to measure latency & availability for windows workstation in IPM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can measure the latency. Simply add the Windows host as an Ad Hoc Target under IPM > Collection Management > Devices. Then create your Collector with the desired source device, this ad hoc target, and your IP Echo operation. The reports will tell you when the operations timed out, and what the latency was over the lifetime of the collector.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you saying you want to setup an IP SLA collector to measure the latency between an IOS device and a Windows workstation?

yes,I want to measure the availability and latency reports between IOS device and a Windows Workstation or is it possible to genearte end host down time report.

You can measure the latency. Simply add the Windows host as an Ad Hoc Target under IPM > Collection Management > Devices. Then create your Collector with the desired source device, this ad hoc target, and your IP Echo operation. The reports will tell you when the operations timed out, and what the latency was over the lifetime of the collector.

Thanks!!! I'll test it and let u know .

Can u also let me know the difference between ICMP and UDP jitter and I am also not able to generate graphs for configured collectors, it says data is not available but I coud see the data for the same time period in reports section.

This will tell you more about UDP jitter:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipsla/configuration/guide/sla_udp_jitter.html

And this will tell you more about ICMP jitter:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipsla/configuration/guide/sla_icmp_jitter.html

Essentially, ICMP jitter works when the target is a non-IOS device, but is less accurate than using UDP jitter and an IOS, responder-enabled target.

The reason you may not be able to generate graphs is because the data has been rolled up already (i.e. no longer available for realtime).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: