cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i clear the call log information op Cisco7940/7960 automaticly?

RoelofB
Level 1
Level 1

I'am looking for a solution to clear the call log information on the IP Phone 7940/7960 automaticly when a user logged off the phone.

The call log information is saved on the phone and can only cleared by pressing the clear button if jou activate the directory button! I need a solution in case of privacy, because other users can see the call history of the last user!

In our office we use extension mobility!

So is there a solution for my problem?

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roelof,

This funtionality is not built-in to any Communications manager version at this time but is available in the latest CME release 4.3/7.0 so I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the soon to be released CCM 7.0 (Q3 2008)

There have been some threads related to this question with a workaround resolution provided by NetPro Aaron;

From Aaron;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde2846/1#selected_message

Extension Mobility Enhancement Cisco Unified CME 7.0/4.3

Adds support for the following:

•Automatic Logout, including:

-Configurable time-of-day timers for automatically logging out all Extension Mobility users.

-Configurable idle-duration timer for logging out an individual user from an idle Extension Mobility phone.

•***Automatic Clear Call History when a user logs out from Extension Mobility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeroad.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

On our call manager we have the following

Under -- Device -- Phone -- (On the main phone page) Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations. We have in the Idle section http://(IP ADDESS OF THE SERVER)/CCMCIP/clearcallhistory.xml

This XML file was included on our Publisher in the c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP DIR

I beleive all Publishers have this installed (I worked with 4 so far and they all had it).

I would check and make sure yours is there. See if the HTTP server is working too. Just http://(IP OF PUB)/CCMCIP/clearcallhistory.xml

From a brower and see if you get the XML. If you do place that path in the idle section. Also check the Idle timer to something like 1 or 2 secsonds. Otherwise it will wait for that idle timer to expire before it runs.

RoelofB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Aaron and Rob

Thank you very much for this information! It will me help in the right way. There is only one problem: I can't download the clearcallhist.xml file. Is it possible that you send it by email?

With kindly regards,

Roelof Bakker from Holland

it is not already on your pub or sub?

Paste this into notepad and then save it as a XML file ------

Aaron and Rob,

I've test your advise with the xml file and it works. I did some experiments with the idle timer so you can regulate the time the call history exist!

The only problem now is, that we must configure all the phones, where we need this solution (more than 5000 phones)

Once again thank you very much for this solution.

With kindly regards,

Roelof Bakker

You can use the BAT tool to update all your IP phones.

ITs under applications/BAT in our version (4.1)

If you're making the change to EVERY phone on that cluster, you can just put the idle url and timer settings in enterprise parameters.

cheers,

Will

Afragoso2009
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roelo

What kind off feature are you using to have user able to log on and log off the phone ?

Can You please tel me the details?

Hi,

Does anyone use this method in CM version 5.x or 6.X?

Can we put it in CM 5.x or 6.x to clear call history in ip phone sets??

Thanks!

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I don't know, because we are using CM version 4.1

Kindly regards,

Roelof Bakker (The Netherlands)

Hi Afragoso2009,

We use the extension mobility function of the Cisco Callmanger to give users the posibility to logon and logoff on a phone. So you can use your own phonenumber everywhere in the office or in the network. Every user got a user account en user profile which is related to the useraccount. Every user can manage his own user profile with a webbased tool.

I hope that this answer is enough for you?

Kindly regards,

Roelof Bakker (The Netherlands)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: