cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Aplliance will not synch network design

louieb
Level 1
Level 1

2710 Location appliance running 4.0.33.0, WCS running 4.2.130.

2 Campus Network Designs each with multiple buildings and floors. One can be assigned to the location server and synchroization works perfectly. The second network design shows unassigned. If I assign it to the location appliance and then sychronize network designs it reverts to unassigned.

Has anyone run into this issue and been able to resolve it?

7 Replies 7

abhishek_tcs
Level 1
Level 1

We have faced same kind of problem earlier. The solution was to purge the location appliance database and then perform the sync. through WCS.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for the advice. I cleared the config and data (under advanced parameters) and re-synchronized the network designs. Same result. Is there some other way to purge the database?

1) Connect to LOCAPP CLI

2) Stop the LOC Service(/etc/init.d/locserverd stop)

3) Take the backup of Loation DB which can be found at /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

i.e. copy the server-eng.db to some other directory e.g. /home

4) Delete the DB by issuing the command

rm -f /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

5) Start the LOC service (/etc/init.d/locserverd start)

6) Perform the sync. through WCS

Hope this will help you...

I followed your directions (they were excellent). However it make no difference.

Hi,

We have run into exactly the same problem - have you had any luck resolving it?

Regards,

Graeme.

Yes, we found that the parameters as to the number of walls differs from WCS to the Location appliance. We had three floors in our network diagrams that had too many walls defined. Once we reduced the number of walls on each of those floors the location manager was able to synchroninze properly.

Thanks for the information. I will check that out.

Regards,

Graeme.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card