cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setting Callling Number for outbound call

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5000 DID number (56780000-56784999).Currently,when outbound call, the calling number is DID number, such as 56781234 etc. But, when a user with Ext. 5555 make outbound call, the calling number is 56785555 though this number can't be arrived when callback.

SO i want to make the following goal:

when outbound call,the calling number for Ext.0000-4999 should be 56780000-56784999. Other extension number shoule be 56780000(this is the PRI trunk number)

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

if u wanna use external mask for the phone

u have to check the box on the route pattren or translation pattren that says use external phone mask

good luck

and thanks for rating

View solution in original post

Hey hey... just a thought, rather then making so many translations an partitions an the like.. why not just do the translations on the route pattern or the route list? and for the 5555 etc give it its own route pattern out to the same gw would save on admin time :)

or if your running h323 do it on the gateway even easier :)

Dan

Dan idea works as well

i just given that idea because it came in my mind

all works

just find whaterver one u find it easy and practical

good luck

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u can dot it in diffrent ways

u ca put each number with its DID outside number on each line in the phone setting in the external phone mask

but long way

i have simple question

in ur caase if Ext. 5555 u want it to apear as 56780000 and numbers between 0000 to 4999 apear as they are i mean the last four digits?

if this the case creat three partions P1,P2 and P3

creat two translation pattrens the matching pattren point to ur ouside pstn

and first translation pattren with partion P1 and the second P2

on the first translation pattren just change the calling number as u wan it like

5678XXXX

on the second translation pattren make the calling number transformation mask as 56780000

on both translation pattrens put a CSS that contain P3

now creat a route pattren point to pstn the same pattren match in the translation ptrrens

and make the route pattren partion as P3

on phone lines from 0000-4999 make the CSS include P1 and all other phones in thiser CSS include P2

now other phones like 5555 will call outside will match second translation pattren because they have accesss to the calling number will be translated to 56780000 and will be send to the pstnroute pattren becasue the translation pattren have access to though its CSS

good luck

if helpful Rate

THanks sir. 5 pints for your kindnes.

I think I almost can catch you.But it seems many steps needed.

I tried to set external phone mask for 5555 as 56780000, whereas the calling number still is 56785555.

Why 'External Phone Mask' doen't work here??

if u wanna use external mask for the phone

u have to check the box on the route pattren or translation pattren that says use external phone mask

good luck

and thanks for rating

Hey hey... just a thought, rather then making so many translations an partitions an the like.. why not just do the translations on the route pattern or the route list? and for the 5555 etc give it its own route pattern out to the same gw would save on admin time :)

or if your running h323 do it on the gateway even easier :)

Dan

Dan idea works as well

i just given that idea because it came in my mind

all works

just find whaterver one u find it easy and practical

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: