Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Multilink Group Load Balance

muhammadsafwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to load balance 4 X E1 Connection to the same router. Currently it's running on 1 multilink group. I tested in Lab to break the 1 multilink group into 2 multilink group and it doesn't work.

Then 2nd multilink group simply does not go up. I'm trying to load balannce the connection, that's why i break it into 2 multilink group.

It's there any other way?

Thank

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You need to make sure that the multilink config is done on both the end points. untill unless you replicate the same on both the ends you wont be able to get your link up.

if the links are connecting onto the ISP end you need to make sure that the ISP also replicates the config out there. if the links are terminating onto your remote end make sure you do the config changes out there as well..

regds

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The whole idea of multilink is to load balance. Why do you believe the 4x wasn't doing so? (Link balance can be somewhat off depending on how multilink transmits packets down multiple links. Balance can be sometimes improved with multilink fragmentation.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco