Replies

copy run start (I/O error)

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

ASA5520# copy running-config startup-config

Source filename [running-config]?

Cryptochecksum: xxx

%Error writing disk0:/.private/startup-config (I/O error)

ASA5520#

anyone know what the heck is up with this? I can copy run tftp fine.

6 Replies 6

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know this is redundant, but what happens if you do a wr mem?

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

ASA5520# wr mem

Building configuration...

Cryptochecksum: 9d9cf240 2b1cfa50 f3d9ed82 3add5f33

Error executing command

[FAILED]

ASA5520# wr

Building configuration...

Cryptochecksum: 9d9cf240 2b1cfa50 f3d9ed82 3add5f33

Error executing command

[FAILED

weeeiiirrrdddd

Yeah, I've never seen that. I would say you should contact Cisco if you have support. They may have to replace the unit.

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

jpoplawski
Level 1
Level 1

Are there multiple people trying to save or did you get froze on one session trying to save and opened a new session? Anyone in ASDM at the same time? The only thing I would add is try rebooting (in off hours of course :) ) and verify it comes back up. Manually convert the config over if you have to, however I'm suspecting you might have bad flash/memory. Make sure you have SmartNET and TAC's number prior to the reboot just in case.

HTH,

JB

i am about to order a new 5520 for failover so i will move it into production before i start to troubleshoot. TAC ran out on it but we will renew

I had two images and two asdms on this ASA because i never removed the old ones when i upgraded a few months ago. I removed one of the old asdms to free up some space. Now nothing is showing up in my disk0! Nothing! The ASA is still running fine but I'm afraid if it loses power it may not come back up. The start up config isn't even there. I have backed up the run just in case. I triple checked to make sure i was removing the old asdm file and now everything is gone. File management still says i have used half of my flash file space.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: