cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Filtering, Anti-Spyware and Email Filtering in one?

jason.scott
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 Cisco ASA firewalls in place and currently use iMail and ISA server to filter web traffic and mail.

I'm investigating any solutions that would interoperate well with Cisco ASAs and provide a central solution for the above needs. Has anyone had experience of WebSense and Secure Computing, or indeed the newly acquired IronPort products?

Does anyone have any recommendations I can follow up?

Thank you,

Jason

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

IronPort is good stuff, but it is primarily for email. I have not used it's web stuff, but it is likely not as good as WW (for example, can it inspect SSL? Can it cache? Can it do "behavioral analysis").

Secure Computing WebWasher is good stuff. It is primarily for web. I have not used its smtp stuff, but it is likely not as good as Ironports;-)

I have no experience with WebSense, but it is also a leader in this space.

None provides a "central solution" in the sense that they can be managed in one interface along with the ASA's. They would inter-operate just fine with ASA's though. The ASA has a module for this too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e88.html

I'm slightly reluctant to go down the Cisco CSC route because it would mean putting another device inline on our pipes (I presume). The ASA's we currently utilise all have the IPS module installed.

The Websense and Secure Computing products caught my eye because it would appear they can sit centrally and be fed data from the firewalls rather than have individual boxes on each link.

Decisions decisisons! :)

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

IronPort you can use for both Email & Web security purpose. Iron Port web security & websense works in a similar manner.

Recommendation: Is cisco environment is available use IronPort E-mail security & Websense Web secuirty. It's perfect. We are working in this manner only.

hth & rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: