cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Accounting on 3750E

patel.nishit
Level 1
Level 1

How do I configure IP accounting on 3750E.

The problem I have is that users are complaining email is slow. I have check the trunk link which connects to the core switch and there are no errors on the links.

Need help.

7 Replies 7

So how do I find out what is causing slow email traffic connection even if there are no errors or drops on the interfaces.

Hi,

YOu can use any of the following options

1) monitor your uplink port by configuring SPAN in your switch.

2) Check your CPU utilisation of your switch and check which process aquires more utilisation.

3) If you want to monitor for a particular VLAN you can go for Ethereal or Wireshark packet sniffing tools, to identify the traffic percentage for each protocol.

Wouldn't SPAN affect the network connectivity.

Hi,

It won't be mostly, because if you are configuring SPAN. you need to connect your PC to Port in the switch which can monitor the UP link. and the UPlink port needs to be configured with Monitoring station.

How SPAN works is

It will mirror your traffic in/out of Your uplink to your Monitoring Port ( i.e. to your PC ) nothing else it will do.

It going to be hard to connect me pc to the switch as I am troubleshooting remotely, don't have physicall access to the switch.

Is their any option to check the traffic remotely.

Yes it can be done remotely in that case i suppose you need to provide IP address of your switch and PC to which you connected to...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: