cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New deployment 4.0 vs 4.1

Patrick Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

We will be implementing a new deployment of WAAS at 5 sites to start in the next month. Does anybody have any recommendations whether to use 4.0.x or 4.1.x to start? Can anybody speak to 4.1's stability comparied to 4.0?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

4.0.19 is running on a ton of networks and I consider it very stable. 4.1.1a has a TON of new features, but it's a little newer. I would weigh the new features against the slightly higher risk of newer code. Do you want additional features like additional application acceleration for HTTP, NFS, WMS Live Stream splitting, Centralized Print, Transparent CIFS (huge difference).

If your going with a new deployment, I'd probably recommend using 4.1.x, however you will probably perform at least one software upgrade in the next few months as the code stabilizes.

Hope that helps,

Dan

I think the transparent CIFS will make it worth it to go with 4.1.x. Thanks for the info.

Thanks,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: