cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure ACS 4.1 won't let me "Local Admin"

jcroft
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 fresh out of the box Windows 2003 Servers/SP2 on Sun Platforms that I have installed 4.1.1.24 and then upgraded to 4.1.4.13.

Once installed and I finish the installation I have the service start and the Admin interface come up in a browser.

I get the following screen message:

Invalid Administration Connection.

This machine cannot be used for administration.

Contact the System Administrator for access.

The url is http://127.0.0.1:2002 and then the port number jumps all ever the place and screen refreshes with the same information. I have added the loopback address to trusted sites in IE 7.0 and even tried Firefox. I have tried running a script from the TAC to allow allow local logins and also shutting the CSAdmin and CSAuth down and restarting. I am running Java JRE 1.6.0_07. Now the odd thing is that I can reach the server from my workstation with the ip:2002 and I get the ACS login screen but I cannot login as nothing is set yet. The only thing I haven't done yet is actually add the servers to the Windows Domain but I can't see where that is necessary and the Cisco Documentation isn't clear on that.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions especially from the SME's here.

Thanks,

John

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

By default, CiscoSecure ACS send the message "Invalid Administration Connection" when you attempt to access it with an IP address not in a permitted range. You can disable this message. To do so, select Administration Control> Session Policy and deselect the Respond to invalid IP address connections check box. Also use an valid ip address in the permitted range

Considering that I get this message after the initial install and start up I cannot access Admin Control.

jcroft
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager. That came loaded on the Sun Server we are using for ACS. I found references to it in the even logs and not being a Windows Server person I had to grab someone who was and to be honest even they didn't get it. I started uninstalling any virus and security S/W one at the request of the TAC and removing NVIDIA Forceware did it.