UC520 language upgrade problem

Unanswered Question
Sep 24th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi, I am trying to upgrade a UC520 with the GB language pack but it seems to constantly fail. It works through the various stages up to about stage eight then fails but I cannot see any reason for it. I am unzipping the CUE files into the default appdata/phoneloads directory and adding the GB.prt file but it will not upgrade, does anyone have any advice

thanks

ian

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
ianwarb Thu, 09/25/2008 - 04:56
User Badges:

Hi Rob

yes, that is where I go the files. I have managed to do this now however I had to do it manually through the CLI and FTP/TFTP as CCA continually failed. I found an excellent document on Cisco Wiki support that took me through the process however this is a workaround not a resolution

thanks

Ian

Rob Huffman Thu, 09/25/2008 - 05:00
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Ian,

Nice work my friend!

Do you mind posting up the Link to to doc you used so that it may help others in the future :)

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Huffman Thu, 09/25/2008 - 05:16
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Thanks Ian!

This type of kind consideration is what makes these Forums great. +5 points for your great help here :)

Take care,

Rob

Ian,

I spent ages trying to get the langauge pack on to the box. The below is how I did it using ftp server and CLI.

Installing Cisco UC520 language files

1/ #service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session

2/# conf t

3/(config)# software download server url ftp://x.x.x.x. Username xxxx password xxxx (this creates a download server, x.x.x.x = ip address of you ftp server)

4/exit

5/# software install clean cue-vm.ise.3.0.3.pkg

6/# enter command 8

7/enter command x

Regards

Jeff

Actions

This Discussion