cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UT: Dynamic Updates for 4006s/4500s - IP addresses not being reported

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into a bit of a problem with using User Tracking - Dynamic Updates (LMS 3.1) on some of our 4006s/4500s.

In one case, I have a 4006 with a WS-X4515 supervisor board running 12.2(37)SG1. In another case, I have a 4506 with a WS-X4516-10GE supervisor board running 12.2(31)SGA1.

For both cases, dynamic updates for the mac-addresses are being reported to user tracking. However, I'm not seeing any IP addresses in the report, even though dhcp snooping is enabled on both switches and the binding table is populated.

Is there a particular firmware version that is needed in order for Ciscoworks to query the CISCO-DHCP-SNOOPING-MIB on these switches?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No software is needed provided the CISCO-DHCP-SNOOPING-MIB is supported. UTManager will query cdsBindingsAddrType and cdsBindingsIpAddress to get the IP information. If you enable UTManager debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > User Tracking > Debugging Options > Dynamic User Tracking, the utm.log should indicate what it's doing regarding DHCP snooping. In particular, es.snmp must be turned up to TRACE, but it would be a good idea to do the same for all subsystems.