cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Configs WRR

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Today I applied some wrr-queuing commands to a gigabit interface on a 6748 1 G SFP card.

wrr-queue random-detect min-threshold 1 40 80

wrr-queue random-detect min-threshold 2 40 80

wrr-queue cos-map 1 2 2

wrr-queue cos-map 2 1 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 6 7

OK, I applied it because the architectural group at the client has set such a standard for this particular type interface. When I add the configs, the router automatically added the same QoS configs to other interfaces on the card.

Is it because the card is divided into port groups that share the same queueing hardware?

I never saw this behavior before.

Thanks

Victor

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your understanding is correct. Since hardware resources are shared between ports, QoS configuration gets applied to all ports in the block(usually 12). You should have seen a message indicating so when you configured

Router(config-if)#interface gig2/13

Router(config-if)#wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 1

Propagating cos-map configuration to: Gi2/13 Gi2/14 Gi2/15 Gi2/16 Gi2/17 Gi2/18 Gi2/19 Gi2/20 Gi2/21 Gi2/22 Gi2/23 Gi2/24

View solution in original post

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Yes, it's documented (somewhat obscurely) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1481021

Basically, there are some commands (listed in the link above) which only apply to an ASIC and hence all the ports attached to that ASIC.

The "show interfaces capabilities" command will show which ports are on which ASIC.

HTH

Andrew.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your understanding is correct. Since hardware resources are shared between ports, QoS configuration gets applied to all ports in the block(usually 12). You should have seen a message indicating so when you configured

Router(config-if)#interface gig2/13

Router(config-if)#wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 1

Propagating cos-map configuration to: Gi2/13 Gi2/14 Gi2/15 Gi2/16 Gi2/17 Gi2/18 Gi2/19 Gi2/20 Gi2/21 Gi2/22 Gi2/23 Gi2/24

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Yes, it's documented (somewhat obscurely) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1481021

Basically, there are some commands (listed in the link above) which only apply to an ASIC and hence all the ports attached to that ASIC.

The "show interfaces capabilities" command will show which ports are on which ASIC.

HTH

Andrew.

OK, thanks folks. Appreciate the help...

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card