Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 DFM problem

Hi I am using LMS 2.6 wher the DfmServer process is showing administrator has shut down the server. during this no process of sm_server runs. if restarts the DfmServer process Sm_server process starts and reaches to high memory and cpu utilization. Then the process get terminated. As per my observation this is happening only for 162 port selected as snmp trap receiving port. If i am giving 9000 for snmp trap receiving port all process runs fine with normal cpu/memory usage.

I have gone through all netpro discussion but didnot found any solution.

I need to keep the Snmp trap receiving port open for 162 because all device will forward on this port not on 9000.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem could be due to a bug in sm_server, a problem with traps flooding DFM, or a corrupt trap. How many traps are you sending to DFM per second? What messages do you see in the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem could be due to a bug in sm_server, a problem with traps flooding DFM, or a corrupt trap. How many traps are you sending to DFM per second? What messages do you see in the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log?

hi Joe,

Plsd find the DFM log from the mentioned directory. Request you to suggest me the best possible as my DFM is not working.

each time i am restarting the DfmServer process it runs for 2 min then shows administrator has shut down the service. the SM_server process utilizes heptic amounts of cpu and memory. but if i am setting the snmp trap receiving port to 9000 every thing is normal. my problem is , weather setting 9000 port will receive the snmp traps so that i ll get all specified dfm allerts???

You're seeing an sm_server crash due to a problem with trap reception. Just so I am clear, please post your DFM trap forwarding configuration.

Hi Joe,

You are absolutely correct, the problem was because of high traffic reception. we found the root cause of the same and resolved it. the heavy traffic was generated by firewall, were we had configured logs to get convert into Snmp trap.

Thanx for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: