Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Issues on CME 4.3

shaw.chris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've recently installed a CME 4.3 system at our office and we are having a couple of issue with it. Namely:

1) We cannot transfer calls to hunt groups,

e.g. a call comes in on extention 3989 and they wish to transfer to hunt group 3939 so one of the five hunt group members can deal with the call.

When 3989 attempts to transfer they get "unknown number"

2)If a user 1 phones user 2 internally they cannot tell that user 2 is busy when they are on the call and it just keeps ringing on user 1's end.

I believe this is because dual-line is set up on the extensions. I have tried turning dual-line off but then we cannot tranfer calls effectively, is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I have attached some of the config please let me know if you need to see more of it.

Regards,

Chris

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

For question number 2;

I think this is because the DN's are set up as dual-line you need to add the following (huntstop channel command). Have a look;

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 103 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 103

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611350.html#wp1056194

Hope this helps!

Rob

I'll keep thinking on question number 1 :)

Many Thanks Rob the 'huntstop channel' command did the trick

I guess I do not need the 'no huntstop' command as we have parallel huntgroups set up?

If anyone has any advice for qu 1 pls let me know

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris,

You are most welcome my friend! For question number one, I should have asked, can these Hunt Pilots be dialed normally from the other IP Phones? Forgetting about Transfer for a moment.

Rob

Yes, if 3939 is dialled internally for example it will ring the hunt group without issues.

It is only when a call is transferred to 3939 it says unknown number

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how to transfer incoming external calls that have been answered to an internal hunt group without getting "unknown number"

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: