cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ideal mac address-table notification change interval for Dynamic Updates?

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

I was curious as to what the ideal mac address-table notification change interval is for Dynamic Updates. Has anyone found the recommended 15 sec to be too short and set it longer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We recommend 15 as not to overwhelm Campus. This is what Campus itself will configure on the devices by default. Of course, if you don't have many switches and/or you don't have extremely frequent changes, then you can shorten this. I have a feeling, though, that a university would tend to generate more notifications than most organizations. Therefore, test various values for this number to find a balance between update time, CPU load, and until updates start being dropped.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We recommend 15 as not to overwhelm Campus. This is what Campus itself will configure on the devices by default. Of course, if you don't have many switches and/or you don't have extremely frequent changes, then you can shorten this. I have a feeling, though, that a university would tend to generate more notifications than most organizations. Therefore, test various values for this number to find a balance between update time, CPU load, and until updates start being dropped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: