Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error while creating VSANS on 9513

Hi all,

I have cisco 9513 switch in core-edge model,am trying to create a vsan through DM and am getting the following error.Am running SANOS 3.2.3(a)

snmpd:module upgrade in progress,snmp access not allowed

Thanks in advance..

Murtaza

3 Replies 3

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears from the error message that the MDS thinks that a SAN-OS upgrade is in process for the SNMP deamon. SNMP is the protocol that Device Manager uses to send configuration commands to the MDS.

You might want to issue this command from the 9513 command line to check on the status. show install all status

As a work-around you might try to configure the VSAN via the 9513 command line, but I believe that if the SNMP deamon is hung up you will have additional problems down the road with other configuration issues from FM or DM.

You may want to open a case with Cisco TAC or your MDS service provider to get to the root cause.

Thanks for your reply,i did check the show install all status cmd and the output is as below

"No installation has taken place since the last reboot."

The next step, if you wish to reach root cause, would be to open a Service Request with Cisco TAC or your MDS service provider and work with them to collect the requested output. You may want to collect a 'show tech details' and submit it when opening the service request.

If you want to try a work around, you could try a 'system switchover' to move the 9513 to the supervisor that is currently the standby. This should be 100% non-disruptive. It will cause the currently active supervisor to reboot and come up in standby. The SNMP process might clear up as a result of moving from one supervisor to the other. The drawback is, if this works, we will have no data to identify root cause.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: