cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to add Outbound Option after initial install UCCX 5.0.2

cmbhelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had to install licenses for the outbound preview dialer in uccx 5.0 after the initial install? I have the new outbound licenses, but i am not sure if I need to reinstall CRS or just add the license file to get the subsystem to appear...

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Install the license. It will activate the subsystems after a restart.

Hi Jonathan,

I need to confirm that I need outbound preview dialer license beside my Premuim license for outbound feature to work

Also Will I prepare the list manually ? and will it predict answer machine and FAXs or not ?

Regards

hythamhadad wrote:

I need to confirm that I need outbound preview dialer license beside my Premuim license for outbound feature to work

No not required. Each inbound Premium seat provides one outbound seat. This means that, if you have 100 inbound seats, you can have up to 100 agents logged in and up to 100 agents handling outbound calls at the same time.

page 30 of UCCX 8.5 SRND confirms above details ( also see the screenshot below ) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

hythamhadad wrote:

Also Will I prepare the list manually ? and will it predict answer machine and FAXs or not ?

Yes, the call list needs to be prepared manually, automation is not possible as of yet. 

Outbound Preview cannot detect an answering machine, fax, or modem. The agent should manually reclassify the call to "answer machine" or "fax" from the desktop. The contact will be called again using the same number in the case of "answer machine" or using an alternate number in the case of "fax."

Whereas with Cisco Unified CCX Outbound IVR Dialer, Call progress analysis (CPA) capabilities of the SIP Voice gateway are used to filter non live contacts (which could be fax, answering machine, no answer etc). Live calls which are answered by a customer contact are transferred to a CTI route point to be serviced by an associated IVR application.

Above details are also taken from SRND guide. I believe UCCX SRND guide is much better organized than any other products'. Pls refer it to get all your queries answered before hand.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi,

Kindly I'm talking about UCCX 5.0(2)

I was thinking also I need only PRE lic

But I can't find the outbound option under the subsystem menu !!

Regards

In 5.0.2, it appears a additional outbound license is needed even though the CRS is premium licensed. Following is the content from page 31 of CRS 5.0.2 SRND Guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/design/guide/crs502srnd.pdf

Cisco Unified CCX Outbound Preview Dialer

The Cisco Unified CCX Outbound Preview Dialer (Outbound) provides campaign based outbound preview dialer support as an additional option for inbound voice agents.

The GUI for outbound agents is CAD. CAD is packaged only with inbound voice seats. As a result, each agent licensed for outbound must also be licensed for inbound, as described in these examples:

Example 1—A deployment that requires 100 inbound voice agents, 25 of whom need to perform outbound voice calls, would require 100 inbound voice seats and 25 outbound seats.

Example 2— A deployment that requires 25 inbound voice agents performing only inbound voice and 75 outbound agents performing only outbound voice would require 100 inbound voice seats and 75 outbound voice seats.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

P.S. You may also clarify your licensing related queries by opening a Presales Case ( Free Service ) with Cisco's Partner Helpline team from www.cisco.com/go/ph

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: