cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The log file for database 'db_cra' is full. -- How to I resolve?

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco Application Administration - 3.5(3)

and the historical reports started to fail two days ago. When we attempt to log into it, it is unable to connect to the DB. We are also getting agent issues.

I logged into teh server and noticed the C drive is at 2 megs. We are also getting the follow event errors

Error: 9002, Severity: 17, State: 2

The log file for database 'db_cra' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

THis server has MSDE installed on it and has several DB's. The DB's are 2 GB but the log file is 26 GB.

I was able to remove some stuff off the HD to free up 300 megs and this corrected the problem for now.

Can someone tell me or post some docs on how I can shrink or remove that log file. I need to get it smaller

2 Replies 2

j.debruin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can do this with the following commands :

backup log UnityDb with truncate_only

dbcc shrinkfile(UnityDb_log,250)

instead of UnityDB use the exact name of the logfile that is 26 Gb.

there is also a other way :

C:\>osql -E

Use unitydb

Go

Backup log unitydb with no_log

Go

Dbcc shrinkdatabase(unitydb)

Go

Exit

can also be found at :

http://www.tazzy.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=32

thanks, I found a pdf on cisco and used this command

Step 1To manually shrink a Cisco Unified CCX database log file, open a command window on the Cisco Unified CCX server and type the following commands:osql -Usa -Ppassword -ddb_cra, where password is the password for the sa log in to the Cisco Unified CCX database.USE database_name, where database_name is db_cra.GODBCC SHRINKFILE (database_name_log.mdf), where database_name is db_cra.GO

however, it would fail. So from the same PDF i found this

Truncate the log files for db_cra to 10MB: • runTruncatedHistDBLogs “sa” “sa_password” “db_cra_all” 10 •Truncate the tempdb transaction log: •runTruncateHistDBLogs “sa” “sa_password” “tempdb”

and instead of 10 i ued 1000

So it shrunk the db log file to 1 GB. Now I dont know if I broke anything or not. I did this 4 days ago and have not gotten any complaints yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: