cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troublesome Call Handler

newmarket25
Level 1
Level 1

I need to setup a call handler that is pretty specialized: it must answer the phone from 5PM to 8AM, but during the other hours, 3 phones must ring when someone calls the main number.

The phone line comes in POTS on a 2801, and under the interface port it says "connection plar 4074". In Unity, the extension given to this greeting is 2002.

Should someone call during "open hours" we must ring the 3 phones, thus in CCM there is a line group defining these 3 phones. So somehow, when a call comes in the 2801, we are handing it to the plar, ringing the 3 phones, instead of hitting the Unity greeting. Of course, we only want to hit the Unity greeting between 5PM and 7AM, the rest of the time, we want to ring those 3 phones. (And I don't see a way to do that in Unity, i.e. during closed times ring the plar)

Is that kind of clear?? How would I get this setup properly??

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Set it up to hit the Unity Call Handler. Configure a schedule that matches what you need or modify the standard. Configure Call Transfer Rule on the Call handler to route calls to the greeting when closed (i.e. outside the schedule you created) and to the shared line appearance when open (i.e standard).

You could also do this by creating seperate partition for the shared line appearance and then associate that partition with a schedule. Make sure that this new partiion is near the top of your CSS and the call will never hit Unity during business hours.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Set it up to hit the Unity Call Handler. Configure a schedule that matches what you need or modify the standard. Configure Call Transfer Rule on the Call handler to route calls to the greeting when closed (i.e. outside the schedule you created) and to the shared line appearance when open (i.e standard).

You could also do this by creating seperate partition for the shared line appearance and then associate that partition with a schedule. Make sure that this new partiion is near the top of your CSS and the call will never hit Unity during business hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: