Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery Air 1310G IOS

haraldhaitsma
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 Air-1310G outdoor Bridges.

Because of some problem with non-root configuration i downgraded the IOS to a earlier version.

Now the AP is starting very strange. The hostename after "enable" is teh same as the MAC. Adresse.

Command to upgrade does not work anymore.

How can i upgrade again to a other IOS?

6 Replies 6

jaichauh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I think you have upgraded to an LWAP image. Please let me know the image you upgraded on this 1310.

-Jai

JC

We became 3 Cisco Aironet 1310 devices.

2 devices have IOS c1310-k9w-tar.124-10b.JA1

1 devices has IOS c1310-k9w7-tar.123.8.JA2

Because IOS c1310-k9w-tar.124-10b.JA1 always got the non-Root Radio status "RESET" i would downgrade the IOS. (IOS c1310-k9w7-tar.123.8.JA2 doesn't have this problem)

For downgrading i used: c1310-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11.JX1.tar.tar. I thinkthis wasn't the correct image, but now i can't upgrade to some other IOS (or i don't know the exact way to do this)

Perhaps someone knows....

thxs

Hi!

yes, c1310-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11.JX1 is the Autonomous to LWAP conversion image. Now, your AP is converted to LWAP, so you can't use normal autonomous commands on this.

As 1310 bridge doesn't have a mode button, so you need to use rommon mode recovery for that.

Please follow the CLI method mentioned in the link below to reset the 1310 and recover it from bridge:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/b37ts.html#wp1071147

HTH

-Jai

JC

Thxs for this Information.

I successfully uploaded the correct software.

Perhaps u have some ideas also for following problem:

I configured one device (AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R) as root (IOS: c1310-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA1)

and I configured one device (AIR-BR1310G-E-K9) as non-root (IOS: c1310-k9w7-tar.123-8.JA2

In this combination the bridge funktioning OK.

because the non-root does not have a external Antenne i configured a other device (also (AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R) with the same IOS as non-root. Now the Radio also stay in reset state with the same configuration. First i thougth itw as the wrong IOS (as explained in some cisco article). Therefore i downgraded IOS on this one.

What could be here the Problem?

-> Dot11Radio0 is reset. line protocol is down.

thxs

-> Dot11Radio0 is reset. line protocol is down.

Your Non-root radio stays reset/down until it associates to a Root Bridge.

Thus , make sure you have same security settings and alignemnet is proper so that both bridges can associate.

For testing purpose, please run both bridges with open authentication and no encryption.

HTH

-Jai

JC

Both Bridges hav the same Software: c1310-k9w7-tar.124-3g.JA1

I configured both devices with the same SSID with open authentication an no Security.

on the NON-ROOT device the Radio always come in the RESET status and cannot associate.

i i try a other BRIDGE (without External Antenne possibility) and with older IOS it becomes connected as NON-ROOT.

I also tried to switch nonroot and root konfigurations, but the new devices with the above IOS will not associate as NON-ROOT

What does i Wrong?

is this a known problem?

Thxs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card