Mail Policy Matching

Unanswered Question
Sep 25th, 2008
User Badges:

I have a group of recipients defined in one policy in order to let them receive PPS attachments, but won't receive password protected ZIPs.
I have another group of recipients in another policy in order to let them receive password protected ZIP files, but won't receive PPS files.

One recipient is in both groups.

But, depending on the order of the policies, this recipient will receive a Password protected ZIP or not, or will receive a PPS or not.

Is there a way to make Ironport to scan all policies and use the less restrictive one???

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kluu_ironport Fri, 09/26/2008 - 15:55
User Badges:

Basically, first match wins with respect to what incoming mail policy a message is assigned to.

However, what you can do is keep your two policies the way they are.

For example:

Incoming mail policies:

1. Allows_PPS_no_pwd_protected_files

2. Allow_pwd_protected_files_no_PPS

3. Default policy

For the first policy, have two content filters.

The first filter checks if it's a certain recipient and allow them to receive the pwd_protected_files and does a deliver() action so that it doesn't process any additional content filters.

The second content filter sees if whoever else is not one of the recipients above and has a pwd_protected_file and then strips the attachment out or whatever action you want.

Basically, incoming content filter #1 is the exception part and will allow select recipients to get both PPS and pwd_protected_files. The second filter is where you enforce the no pwd_protected_file policy.

Then just do the same thing for the second incoming mail policy, and make adjustments where needed.

-kevin

I have a group of recipients defined in one policy in order to let them receive PPS attachments, but won't receive password protected ZIPs.
I have another group of recipients in another policy in order to let them receive password protected ZIP files, but won't receive PPS files.

One recipient is in both groups.

But, depending on the order of the policies, this recipient will receive a Password protected ZIP or not, or will receive a PPS or not.

Is there a way to make Ironport to scan all policies and use the less restrictive one???

Actions

This Discussion