Views
Helpful
Replies

VOF and Releasing from Quarantain

buzz_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

if a Mail is scanned by VOF and is been quarantined, after releasing is there any way to mae this eMail passing the Content Filter ?

cause where ever an eMail is released from VOF Quarantine, its just
passing the AV Scanner and than queued for delivery.

I want make this eMail passing the Content Filter also, not only AV. So will be happy for any answer.

Buzz

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

When the msg is released from VOF manually or automatically after the set time, it should go through AV scanning again, probably even Content Filters.

Can you provide the MID and the mail_log entry of the VOF message when it was released?

Possibly go into your VOF and release a msg and look it up in the mail_logs on the CLI or message tracking.

Hi ,

if a Mail is scanned by VOF and is been quarantined, after releasing is there any way to mae this eMail passing the Content Filter ?

cause where ever an eMail is released from VOF Quarantine, its just
passing the AV Scanner and than queued for delivery.

I want make this eMail passing the Content Filter also, not only AV. So will be happy for any answer.

Buzz

buzz_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I did it exaclty same way, but after releasing a msg from VOF quarantine,
the msg is not passing the work queue , its just passing the AV and go for delivery.

VOF-Release-> AV -> Released Delivery Queue -> SMTP Client

I think there is no way to make this msg passing the content flter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: