cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6 and CUPS on same MCS 7835 ?

beacowboy
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please confirm if Call Manager 6 and CUPS 6x can be provided on the same MCS 7835 hardware. This is for an environment of 1400 users with Exchneg 2007 and OCS 2007. Someon has told me that they need each be on their own but that seems a bit expensive and I would prefer if I budget for 2 MCS than they are built for redundency for both applications. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With 1400 users, I would not put all my eggs in one basket. That's quite a load for th 7835 with 1400 users AND devices, gateways, phones, etc.

It all depends on the load the server is to have. If you have 1400 IP phones, MGPC gateways, ATA devices, etc.... then adding 1400 CUPC Subscribers, might take it's toll on a 7835.

But here is your other issue. If you are running CUCM BE version, you can do this, but you will not have LDAP integration.

If you have full blown CallManager, then you must have a separate server for CUPS/CUPC. It can not be loaded on this version. (onl CUCMBE works with Presence on one box)

Make sense?

Thanks thats makes things more clear.