cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compact Flash memory size for 1812 router

Gerald Vogt
Level 3
Level 3

According to the data sheet the 1812 router supports a maximum CompactFlash size of 128 MB. I have just tried and inserted a 512 MB Ultra II Compact Flash and it was properly recognized. The router shows the correct size of the Compact Flash and all the contents on it.

Do I have to expect any problems using a larger CompactFlash then mentioned in the data sheet?

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you know MEM1800-128CF is the max size officially supported flash memory in 1800 series.

It means anything higher is not officially tested by Cisco. While 512Mb flash works fine in your case, if I were you, to be safe, I would stick to what data sheet says to avoid any read/write access issue in the future.

I was just wondering why it is possible to use a larger CF card. With USB flash it is not possible. If I connect a USB stick with more then the supported 256MB into the USB port the stick won't get recognized. With USB flash memory the maximum is 256 MB.

I have difficulties finding a shop still selling 128MB CF cards here. The smallest readily available is 1 GB. I don't really want to buy a MEM1800-128CF from Cisco which costs about the same as the whole router, in particular if I can use any other CF card as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: