cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only One user can use the VPN at a time...

andrew-susag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've built a Remote Access VPN on our ASA5520 here and have run into something odd. I think so anyway.

Only one user can VPN in and actually access our network at a time. Any other users can log in but are essentially isolated. They can't access any equipment on our network.

I'm using a IP pool for VPN users of 10.2.10.0/24... the only pingable address on that network is the first user who logged in. No one else is pingable from each other, or from any device on our network.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

andrew-susag
Level 1
Level 1

To add to this.

I do see the VPN connection establish on the ASDM Log window, but I do not see any log messages when I attempt to ping or access a device from the faulty connection.

From the 1 working connection, I do.

It's almost like the info is being routed elsewhere...

There is no config here . Can you paste it?

To solve an issue early the reason why "No one else is pingable from each other" is you are not allowin intra-interface communication:-

Add the following:-

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

This will allow multiple VPN client connections to communicate with each other.

Post your config for a review of only 1 user at a time issue.

HTH>

I am not sure if this issue is happening because of following observation.

The config is using ip 10.2.10.255 in the VPN pool , we cannot use this ip address as this is broadcast ip in the VPN pool subnet. Do the following and then check connecting vpn clients and post results.

no ip local pool ifn_noc_ips 10.2.10.1-10.2.10.255 mask 255.255.255.0

ip local pool ifn_noc_ips 10.2.10.1-10.2.10.254 mask 255.255.255.0

HTH

Saju

Pls rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: