cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Aware GGSN

rsgamage1
Level 3
Level 3

Even though the product references say that "Service-aware GGSN functionality is supported on Cat6500 and C7600 only, I find that this is fully configurable on c7200(12.4T).

With regard to functionality what problems could arise on a c7200?

Has anyone tried at least the Diameter Credit Control Application(DCCA) on a 7200?

Thanks for your feedback.

5 Replies 5

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

I worked only with GGSN on 7600, but from my knowledge some of the problems that can appear on the 7200 is scalability, throughput performance issues, redundancy.

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Calin,

Thanks for your response. I think 7200 has no DCCA support for prepaid charging solutions, thus a major con. What's your opinion on that?

Hi!

7200 has no DCCA support for prepaid charging solutions. Service-aware GGSN (real-time credit-control for prepaid users, as well as service-aware billing for postpaid and prepaid users) functionality is supported on the Catalyst 6500/Cisco 7600 platform only.

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Calin,

I've asked this question in another conversation. However, I think it should have been posted ideally on this.

Do you know of any alternative to DCCA support in order to offer prepaid services(On-line Charging functionality) on a c7200?

Thanks & regards,

Hi!

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other solution for c7200. I'll try to find out, but I do not promise anything. I know that there are some other solution but on other platforms (Nokia, Siemens) but those are out of discussion here and anyway I'm not an expert in those solutions.

Good luck!

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: