rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/preserve/*

rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/car/*

This is what I receive when trying to type the commands:

admin:rm -rf /var

Invalid command, a dash character must be preceded by an alphanumeric character

admin:

Thanks,

13 Replies 13

Have you logged in with root privileges?

This bug is fixed in 5.1.3.1106 ES patch version.

I have the "admin" prompt when I log into the publisher. This is all my customer has. Is the username "root"?

I see the last ES is cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.3.4101-1.tar.gz.sgn. Isn't it better for me to use the latest one? Do I need to install the ES in both Publilsher and Subscriber or only publisher will be enough?

Thanks,

Could someone please reply to this?

Thanks,

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Bahman,

The only way to execute those commands will be through root access; we have fixed that bug already; however, if upgrade is not an option please open a TAC service request and we can assist you with the workaround.

Please note that we cannot give root access/password to anyone and we will need to get access into the server through a remote session.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Esteban,

I don't have any problem with the upgrade but my question was the following:

Can I upgrade directely to the latest ES version available " cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.3.4101-1.tar.gz.sgn"? Or I need to go one at the time?

My second question is; do I need to install the ES only in the PUB or I have to install it in the SUP too?

Thanks,

Hi,

You have to install both PUB and SUB

*HTH* Pls rate IT*

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MK,

Just to add a note here to the good tips so far. The attached doc shows the installation notes and restrictions that apply to this ES;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Engineering Special 5.1(3.4101.1)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/21267/ESInstall5_1_3_4101-1_readme.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Guys,

My active version is "version: 5.1.2.2000-3" and the inacive version is "Inactive Version: 5.1.2.3104-1. I don't think that I can install the ES 5.1(3.4101.1). What would be the ES that I can install to resolve the bug CSCsl16967?

How can I install the ES in the Subcriber? The only access I have is the Publisher Administratio page. How can I verify what is the latest ES installed in my CCM?

Thanks,

Hi MK,

This Bug shows the following "fixed-in" versions;

Fixed-In

5.1(3.9901.36)

6.1(0.9901.451)

5.1(3.1106.1)

6.0(1.2115.1)

***5.1(2.3116.1)***

6.1(1.1000.11)

5.1(3.3000.1)

The problem is that this ES is not available for download only 5.1(2.3114.1) is up. I would really open up a TAC Case to see if they can post up this ES for your use.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will open a case with TAC right away.

Thanks Rob for your comments on this post and MK, go ahead and open a TAC case, we can publish the latest ES for your CUCM which already has the fix.

Just make sure that you document the exact CUCM version on the case notes ;).

HTH!

Hi Esteban,

Thanks for your continued great help here! +5 points for this type of follow-up :)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, 5+ for helping on this post ;)

Have a nice one!

Esteban