rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/preserve/*

rm -rf /var/log/active/cm/cdr_repository/car/*

This is what I receive when trying to type the commands:

admin:rm -rf /var

Invalid command, a dash character must be preceded by an alphanumeric character

admin:

Thanks,

13 Replies 13

Have you logged in with root privileges?

This bug is fixed in 5.1.3.1106 ES patch version.

I have the "admin" prompt when I log into the publisher. This is all my customer has. Is the username "root"?

I see the last ES is cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.3.4101-1.tar.gz.sgn. Isn't it better for me to use the latest one? Do I need to install the ES in both Publilsher and Subscriber or only publisher will be enough?

Thanks,

Could someone please reply to this?

Thanks,

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Bahman,

The only way to execute those commands will be through root access; we have fixed that bug already; however, if upgrade is not an option please open a TAC service request and we can assist you with the workaround.

Please note that we cannot give root access/password to anyone and we will need to get access into the server through a remote session.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Esteban,

I don't have any problem with the upgrade but my question was the following:

Can I upgrade directely to the latest ES version available " cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.3.4101-1.tar.gz.sgn"? Or I need to go one at the time?

My second question is; do I need to install the ES only in the PUB or I have to install it in the SUP too?

Thanks,

Hi,

You have to install both PUB and SUB

*HTH* Pls rate IT*

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MK,

Just to add a note here to the good tips so far. The attached doc shows the installation notes and restrictions that apply to this ES;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Engineering Special 5.1(3.4101.1)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/21267/ESInstall5_1_3_4101-1_readme.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Guys,

My active version is "version: 5.1.2.2000-3" and the inacive version is "Inactive Version: 5.1.2.3104-1. I don't think that I can install the ES 5.1(3.4101.1). What would be the ES that I can install to resolve the bug CSCsl16967?

How can I install the ES in the Subcriber? The only access I have is the Publisher Administratio page. How can I verify what is the latest ES installed in my CCM?

Thanks,

Hi MK,

This Bug shows the following "fixed-in" versions;

Fixed-In

5.1(3.9901.36)

6.1(0.9901.451)

5.1(3.1106.1)

6.0(1.2115.1)

***5.1(2.3116.1)***

6.1(1.1000.11)

5.1(3.3000.1)

The problem is that this ES is not available for download only 5.1(2.3114.1) is up. I would really open up a TAC Case to see if they can post up this ES for your use.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will open a case with TAC right away.

Thanks Rob for your comments on this post and MK, go ahead and open a TAC case, we can publish the latest ES for your CUCM which already has the fix.

Just make sure that you document the exact CUCM version on the case notes ;).

HTH!

Hi Esteban,

Thanks for your continued great help here! +5 points for this type of follow-up :)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, 5+ for helping on this post ;)

Have a nice one!

Esteban

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: