cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA Warnings

pruttman
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to get a clean DMA from 4.1(3) to 6.1(2). I have managed to clean up a lot of items, but here is a sample of the remaining warnings I cannot figure out what to do next. Anyone run into these?

1) Warning: PersonalAddressBook: EndUser PAAdministrator not found. Invalid user. PAB-DN=cn=PAAdministrator1125670333868,ou=PersonalAddressBook,ou=PAAdministrator_info,ou=user_info,ou=CCN,o=cisco.com

Condition: Either the user does not exist in the directory or has been tagged invalid

Solution: Please verify that the user exists in the directory and is a valid CCM user; ie. User with profiles

(So, do I really just create a Global User called PAAdministrator and that'll fix this one?)

2) Table: DeviceAddOnModuleMap 2008-09-26 03:02:18

Row: 47 SQL error: -746(2304)

Warning message (Business Rule Violation): This type of expansion module is not supported by this device.

pkid 0a31acea-57de-476f-b9ef-070a1ba3e293 NOT MODIFIABLE

fkDevice 8a208480-7447-451a-a641-2a9f9c5a1cff

ModuleIndex 1

SpecialLoadInformation

tkModel 124

(We have 32 of these and the only correlation I have to that number is the number of 7906 phones we have. I cannot find the pkid in the devices table. Is there some other table I can cross-reference to see where these expansion modules are attached to?)

3) Table: Telecaster 2008-09-26 03:56:54

Row: 367 SQL error: -746(423)

Warning message (Business Rule Violation): Device Profile can only be created for devices that support Extension Mobility feature.

pkid da0730af-3842-4a2b-8a10-0828bdb24432 NOT MODIFIABLE

fkDevice cc9e804a-1ee1-48b1-ba64-c5afee95f747

DirectoryServicesURL1

DirectoryServicesURL2

VoiceMailURL1

VoiceMailURL2

IdleURL

IdleTimeout

ProxyURL

AuthenticationURL

(I can't find another table that this warning connects to either. I only have two. Perhaps they are just orphaned?)

Thanks for any help,

Pete Ruttman

Foley & Lardner, LLP

4 Replies 4

pruttman
Level 1
Level 1

I wrote a quick article on fixing the issues above.

Data Migration Assistant issues when preparing to upgrade to Communications Manager 6.1(2)

Part of the migration path that one must follow to prepare their Callmanager 4.x system for migration to Communications Manager 6.1(2) is to run the Data Migration Assistant (DMA). DMA collects up all of the pertient components of your 4.x system for import when you install 6.1(2). While your current system may appear to be running fine, DMA may find a number of problems with your system that prevents it from creating a DMA backup file without errors or warnings. I was lucky enough to avoid any errors but I have thousands of warnings. Below are the most difficult to fix and their solutions.

Note: If you intend to use my solutions for your system, then I advise you to restore your system into a lab environment and get your DMA backup from there. These solutions make changes to the SQL Database as well as DC Directory and are very dangerous. Also, IPTTools is avery early beta and may contain unforseen bugs. Thanks for listening.

1) Warning: PersonalAddressBook: EndUser PAAdministrator not found. Invalid user. PAB-DN=cn=PAAdministrator1125670333868,ou=PersonalAddressBook,ou=PAAdministrator_info,ou=user_info,ou=CCN,o=cisco.com

Condition: Either the user does not exist in the directory or has been tagged invalid

Advice: Please verify that the user exists in the directory and is a valid CCM user; ie. User with profiles

For this one, there seemed to be some remnants of a past installation of the Personal Assistant Software. We haven't used it in ages but its hooks lingered. To fix this, I needed to open the DC Directory Administrator on the publisher. Then navigate to:

Directory | cisco.com | CCN | user_info | PAAdministrator_info | PersonalAddressBook

Delete the entries there.

2) Table: DeviceAddOnModuleMap 2008-09-26 03:02:18

Row: 47 SQL error: -746(2304)

Warning message (Business Rule Violation): This type of expansion module is not supported by this device.

pkid 0a31acea-57de-476f-b9ef-070a1ba3e293 NOT MODIFIABLE

fkDevice 8a208480-7447-451a-a641-2a9f9c5a1cff

ModuleIndex 1

SpecialLoadInformation

tkModel 124

To fix this, the first thing you have to do is get a list of all the devices that have this issue. I learned a trick that the last section of the fkDevice is included in the pkid of the parent device in the Devices table. So, if you are familiar with Enterprise Manager on the publisher, try something like this:

select * from device where pkid like '%c5afee95f747%'

and investigate that device

For me I discovered a whole bunch of ATAs and 793x conference phones were marked to have a 7914 sidecar. Sounds like some weird bug to me. Anyway, you need to get the device name from the Name column. Rinse and repeat until you have all the device names with this problem.

You can now run IPTTools (located at http://voipinitiative.com) to fix this issue with this command:

java -jar ipt.jar /daom /sm ATA0FF758F50101

I haven't added a file reading option yet so you can just create a batch file or SH script or something to call ipt.jar multiple times. That'll do it for this one.

3) Table: Telecaster 2008-09-26 03:56:54

Row: 367 SQL error: -746(423)

Warning message (Business Rule Violation): Device Profile can only be created for devices that support Extension Mobility feature.

pkid da0730af-3842-4a2b-8a10-0828bdb24432 NOT MODIFIABLE

fkDevice cc9e804a-1ee1-48b1-ba64-c5afee95f747

DirectoryServicesURL1

DirectoryServicesURL2

VoiceMailURL1

VoiceMailURL2

IdleURL

IdleTimeout

ProxyURL

AuthenticationURL

The solution for this one is basically the same as the last. Locate the device name for all of these entries and then use IPTTools with this command:

java -jar ipt.jar /dem /sm SEP0FF757F40101

Thanks to Wes Sisk of Cisco TAC for his input on correcting these issues.

Hi Pete,

I have just carried out a DMA run on a CCM 4.1(3) using DMA version 7.1(3) and have got two warning entries for the Personal Address book example you have posted below (in fact one of my warning is for PAAdministrator too by chance !!)

Anyway, I don't seem to be able to access DC Directory Admin with any rights to be able to do anything but am actually wondering that if these are the only warnings I have got then do I actually need to worry about them ?  The warnings are for PAB's for users who no longer exist so rather than try and spend a lot of time trying to find the DC Directory Admin credentials; perhaps I can just ignore them.

Any idea whether these warnings can actually cause any major issues when the DMA TAR file is imported into UC7 during it's build ?

Best wishes,

Matt

Wes Sisk of Cisco told me this about the PAAdministrator warnings:

1) the user was deleted but the user profile still exists. easiest thing is to delete the user profile in DCDirectory. The user-profile is based off the username, but then random string appended, so add user or add/delete user is not likely to fix this. It's mostly harmless though, user profile should not be ported.

So based on that, I would say it is not a warning to be concerned with.

I would suggest that you do a test run of the dma upgrade process on another box if you can.  There have been some issues that materialize at that point even with a totally clean DMA tar file.

Pete

Hi Pete,

many thanks for the quick feedback. In this case, the upgrade to UC 7.1(3) will be onto new hardware as oppsoed to directly on the CCM 4.1(3) legacy server hardware.  As this will be done in a Pre-build lab environment, we should be able to pick-up any import issues with the TAR file information and rebuild the server if necessary.

Many thanks,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: