Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Reports won't queue

I keep getting an error "The report could not be queued - no reports were queued" error everytime I try to run a report. It doesn't matter what report, System or Subscriber, I get the same error. I tried logging in with different accounts and the same thing. There is nothing in the Reports queue in Status Monitor. This is a Unity 4.2.1 on Win 2003. Any ideas on what might be causing it? Anything else I should check. Thanks.

12 Replies 12

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any events that are written to the application log at the time you attempt to run the reports? Also double check to make sure that the AvRepDirSvrSvc service is started.

Brad

There are no events written to the logs when I get the error. And the AvRepDirSvrSvc service is started.

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi D. Anthony,

Have you checked if the Reporting service is running? Have you tried to restart it?

Hope this helps!

The AvRepDirSvrSvc service is started. I haven't restarted it but I did reboot the server to see if that would help. I still get the same error:

"The report could not be queued - no report will be generated."

Any other suggestions or something to look for? Thanks.

bobsairam
Level 1
Level 1

also check the disk space there ?

I checked the disk space. There are about 3 gigs left on the C drive and 50 gigs available on the D drive where the commserer folder is located.

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

What is the exact Unity version? Have you tried to reset the DCOM permissions?

- Go to Start - > Run - > DCOMCNFG

- Expand out to DCOM Config - > AvRep portion.

- Right click on it. Properties - > Security

- Under Launch and Activation Permissions.

- Click on Customize

- Choose Edit

- Can you find Administrators. Allow Local Activation. Can you uncheck this box, save it.

- Go to a command prompt

- Type iisreset (IIS will reset)

- Go back to the same DCOM page

- Recheck this box

- Reset IIS again

In addition, check this defect CSCsa81987

- http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/home.pl

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. This is Unity 4.2.1. What effect will the above procedure have on the server?

Can I do this during business hours?

Will it interfere with any other services? And, by the "AvRep portion," do you mean the AvRepDirSvrSvc service?

What are the DCOM warnings to record entries in the registry? Should I just click OK?

As a side note, I did reboot the server to see if that would clear the reports problem, it didn't but when the server came up, the AvDSAD service didnt start. Could that be related to any problem with the Reports not queuing?

The bug is not related to this issue. There are no errors in the log when the reports don't queue. Thanks again.

I wanted to show the resolution here. I had to open a TAC case. It was a permissions issue with a guest account. There was a global guest account but not a local guest account. TAC found and added the local guest account.

Go to Start - > Run - > DCOMCNFG

- Expand out to DCOM Config - >

- Go to AvRepDirSvrSvc portion.

- Right click on it. Properties - >

- Security tab

- Under Launch and Activation Permissions.

- Click on Customize

- Choose Edit

- Click the Add button and find the account you need. Give it Local Activation rights.

I was able to run reports after this.

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know much about unity where do you go to view the report after it is queued I've got a couple queued but don't know where to view them?

Hi Efrain,

Have you checked;

c:\CommServer\Reports\

Hope this helps!

Rob

Go to http(s):///Web/SM

Then click the blue folder icon in order to list the report queue; whenever a requeue is completed you can access it from a shared folder (\\\Reports) or from the server folder (\Commserver\Reports)

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: