CCNP BSCI Exam..Today...Failed.Strange with a question about ipv6 bgp...

Answered Question
Sep 26th, 2008

Dear,

Today i just had my bsci exam,i failed with 777...passing at 790...><

I was very suprised at q.59, the question was asking about "bgp over ipv6" and tunneling...

the question is giving to routers edge address,for example,a:10.1.1.1 and b:10.1.1.2, and asking what address will be displayed in the show ip bgp....

the answer is something i never studied before:

(abcd is properly the hex value of the 10.1.1.1)

a.::a.b.c.d

b.a.b.c.d::

c.::10.1.1.1

d.10.1.1.1::

e.10.1.1.10:0:0:0:0:0

f:0:0:0:0:0:0:10.1.1.1

I cannot memorize very well...and properly those answers are different on the position of the colon ...

Does anyone face this kind of question?

Properly as i remember this is not included in the syllbus!

Thanks,

Alex

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jcrussell about 8 years 3 months ago

Posting content from the exam is really against the NDA. I would edit your post if you still have time. Cisco does not like it when you do that. :(

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jcrussell Fri, 09/26/2008 - 12:46

Posting content from the exam is really against the NDA. I would edit your post if you still have time. Cisco does not like it when you do that. :(

Koen Van Cauwen... Tue, 09/30/2008 - 03:02

I totally agree : if everyone would respect the NDA, the value of the certifications would be maintained. Breaking the NDA is just not done. Believe me, not only Cisco doesn't like it when the NDA is not respected.

johnlloyd_13 Sat, 09/27/2008 - 23:09

ccnp bsci includes ipv6. a lot of questions in the exams involves your knowledge in ipv6 addressing format. here's how ipv6 address format is explained:

Defining Address Representation

The 128-bit IPv6 addresses are represented by breaking them up into eight 16-bit segments. Each segment is written in hexadecimal between 0x000 and 0xFFF, separated by colons. The hexadecimal digits A, B, C, D, E, and F represented in IPv6 are not case sensitive.

IPv6 does not require explicit address string notation. Use the following guidelines for IPv6 address string notations:

* Leading zeros in a field are optional, so 09C0 = 9C0 and 0000 = 0.

* Successive fields of zeros can be represented as “::” only once in an address.

* An unspecified address is written as “::” because it contains only zeros.

Using the “::” notation greatly reduces the size of most addresses. For example, FF01:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 becomes FF01::1.

Note

An address parser identifies the number of missing zeros by separating the two parts and entering 0 until the 128 bits are complete. If two “::” notations are placed in the address, there is no way to identify the size of each block of zeros.

wongcw0000 Tue, 10/07/2008 - 21:39

But how can i modify my question?? I don't even see a edit button!

Urfan Khaliq Mon, 10/13/2008 - 15:01

im sure Alex didnt mean any harm and simply wanted some clarification on a question

Alex you can modify it by going to your original post at the top of this string and click the edit button at the bottom of it

hope that helps (please rate if it does :-) )

wongcw0000 Mon, 10/13/2008 - 19:08

I understand what you are mentioning but..

I can do what you said in my "reply post" but not the initial post in this topic..there is no edit button over there.

Urfan Khaliq Mon, 10/13/2008 - 20:02

in that case i wouldnt worry about it then! personally i dont think its that much of a breach to be fair, its not like youve posted the question word for word with the intention of cheating!!

its just a rough idea of the question and more about the topic then the actuall question itself!

Actions

This Discussion