Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I read in CUCM 6.1 (features and ser. guide)we can achieve call recording.

Witness and Nice are recorder hardware for that.But i want to know further details like any licensing required for that and apart from CUCM configuration any more required?

If we are using "Selective recording" how to invoke recording session which are all application support this?

Thanks,

Harisivaji

9 Replies 9

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Silent Monitoring is an available feature. However, there are couple of requirements. For example, you do need a 3rd generation phone to monitor and IPCC or a 3rd party vendor software is required for the desktop software

for monitoring/control of calls (via CTI). There is no way to monitor calls (other than shared lines / barge) with CUCM alone.

In the case of Contact Center, it is the Supervisor desktop the one that has the controls to invoke the silent monitoring.

In case of 3rd party recording vendors such as NICE/Witness/Verint can integrate using CTI/JTAPI and invoke call recording for

Contact Center calls or regular IPT calls as well.

HTH

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi to all,

So to Silent Monitoring you need an IPCC or a software as CTIOS?, I would like to try that feature and just have 3 phones and a CCM 7, is it possible?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Alberto

Yes, either IPCC or a 3rd party recording software. CUCM itself does not provide call recording.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thank you,

Yes, i know that but what about the Silent Monitor feature, may i do it just with the CCM version 7 and CTIOS software? or I need something else.

Best Regards

Does anyone knows if is possible Silent Monitor just with CCM 7 , 3 ip phones and a Desktop with some software? i think CTIOS.

Best regards,

Alberto

Hi ,

As per Cisco we can Monitor a call silently,for monitoring no need additional software because when a softkey is pressed in cisco IP phone it will make a path to the end phone (end phone will fork both conversation to the user phone).Its a IP Phone based Architecture which uses Built in Bridge in the end phone also end user is not aware of monitoring.

Source:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC6.1.1/features_apps/CMmonrec.html

Thanks,

HariSivaji

Thanks a lot,

one question more, where do you get the Cisco Supervisor Desktop to Silence Monitor, so the supervisor see the active calls?

Best regards

Thanks again,

How do you configure the softkey template so the supervisor (7961 Ip Phone) get the call.

Best regards

Hi,

could you please explain how do I use softkey for the monitoring? All the guides seem to be explaining monitoring with CAD which is nothing new... I think I did all the config well but don't know how to start monitoring

thanks,

Goran Pilat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: