cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 6.03 NTP Server

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

I have Presence 6.03 installed. When I try to set the NTP server to an NTP resource on the network it is never accessible. There is a default entry of 127.0.0.1 that show reachable, but is also not deleteable even though it is selectable. I found a bug that said the NTP server entry needed to be the CallManager publisher, so I tried that. It still shows not accessible and I still cannot delete the 127.0.0.1 entry.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks!!!

Adam

3 Replies 3

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

you can configure several phone NTP references in Cisco Unified CallManager Administration, Cisco Unified CallManager Administration allows you to locate specific phone NTP references; if you want to do so, you can configure the IP address of an NTP server that exists outside of the Cisco Unified CallManager system (System > Phone NTP Reference).

Thanks for the reply, but this was a Presence server, not CCM. The problem actually turned out to be a bug in 6.0x. Cisco TAC had to get into the underlying Linux OS and edit a file to allow the entered NTP server which is CCM to be accepted on the Presence server. This is supposed to be fixed in the 7.x releases.

Had the same exact problem, fixed it by installing 6.0.5.1000-13.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: