Views
Helpful
Replies

DBWalker Error - 1183

kmr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting this error for 3 subscribers on Unity 4.2(1):

"1183:(error) Notification device:Home Phone has a switch ID that is not valid: 0

You can correct this by going to this notification device for this subscriber in the SA and selecting a valid switch for it"

etc. for all Notification devices. No problems with other users. Single server, single site, single CUCM integration, MS Exchange. UTIM did not help me. These users had their Exchange alias changed at some point during the life of their account. I am thinking there is a table that isn't referencing the correct alias, but have no idea where to start. Anyone have any pointers for me?

TIA.

7 Replies 7

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ken,

Have you checked on the subscriber's profile page to see what Switch they're configured for? Is it possible he's configured for an old switch?

You may need to modify SQL with a query. If you're not comfortable with SQL, you can open a TAC case.

If you open Data Link Explorer in the Tools Depot under Diagnostic Tools and select the NotificationDevice table, then click ParentAlias column name, find the subscriber that's having the issue and look at the SwitchId column. I'm assuming that's the value that needs to be changed as it doesn't match the current SwitchID of the phone system.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Ya know, I've read a lot of posts to 'use SA and verify the Switch they are configured for' and for the life of me I cannot find any indication of switch config on an SA page anywhere. I used UTIM and they are configured properly.

I think I know what the problem is and DLE confirms it. Unsure how to fix.

Used DLE as you direct. It shows a non-existent alias for 'ParentAlias' (i.e. user alias was 'tmhare', user got married and we changed the alias in Exchange to tmchost). Looks like it can't find 'tmhare'. Change ParentAlias field?

Edit: DOH! DLE does show switch ID as '0'. gotta scroll to the right more in DLE.

In SA, it'll show it on the subscriber's profile page if you have more than 1 integration I think. So, you probably only have one configured.

I would try changing his ParentAlias to what it's supposed to be. You can do this through SQL Enterprise Manager under the UnityDb, select the NotificationDevice and right click, return all rows, find the user and the field you want and modify it. Careful though... you have free reign of the database if you accidentally edit something.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Yeppers - One integration.

Changed ParentAlias in SQL. DLE reflected the change. DBWalker still came back with same error. DLE still shows SwitchID as 0.

Changed SwitchID to 1 for all fields using SQL Manager for all fields in NotificationDevice table for the alias in question. Success!

DBWalker is down to one error for the alias:

1439:(error) MWI device:MWI-1 has a switch ID that is not valid: 0

Any help on locating this field would be greatly appreciated. Willing to edit that too.

NotificationMWI table, SwitchID column should do the trick

although I am sure changing the field within the table would work, I went to the subscriber page in SA, Messages page, Delete existing MWI Extensions entry, saved.

Added new MWI Extensions entry, saved.

Ran DBWalker and it fixed the entry:

1681:(error) no MWI device found with an alias='MWI-1'

0:(fixed) Added new MWI-1 notification device for subscriber

Thank you for your help and I hope others find this thread useful.

Glad I could help.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: