cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Does this command automatically enabled the priority-queue out on the interface when the ip phone is detected via CDP?

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, "priority-queue out" is a seperate command and does not get enabled by "mls qos trust device cisco-phone".

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the mls qos trust device cisco-phone

called conditional trust

which trust cos marking coming from cisco ip phon and oevwridde enything else to cos 0 like traffic coming from attached PC

it is part of trusting

while

priority-queue is part of the port sechdualing technology each one work independantly u can have trust and no priority-queue

but they cooperate if they both exist

the trust take the marking and the priority-queue give the cos 5 markd traffic priority

if helpful Rate

Thanks for the responses. One more question for confirmation. I am being told one that auto qos supports enablement of the priority-queue when enabled on a switch interface. I always enable the priority queue manually. Can you confirm that enabling auto qos does or does not enable the priority queue on an interface. Its not in the interface configuration once auto-qos is configured for voip on the interface.

auto-qos is essentailly just a macro that populates other commands, if after applying auto qos you dont see priority queue out on the interface it's not there.

Chris

and please, rate the helpful post

hi,

how can we trust Fuze phones? I am having trouble with calls disconnect after 3.5 mints. mls qos trust device ?

please advise,

Best Regards,

masood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: