Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the date and time in meetingplace express

scottm65
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering how i can adjust the date/time on the meetingplace express v 2.0.1.15 server. I tried setting the hwclock and rebooted but still came up with the wrong time. The clock on the server is 15 minutes fast.

Thanks,

Scott

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Steps for setting up date and time:

On the Date and Time page, set the date and time for the system by following these steps:

In the Date box, select today's date. Click the left and right arrows to move to a different month or year.

In the Time box, set the hour, minute, and second to the current time.

(Optional) Enable NTP (Network Time Protocol). This lets your computer synchronize its clock with a remote time server using NTP. Check the box next to this option to enable NTP.

Click Next.

Note: Be sure you enter the correct date and time. You must reinstall the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system and application if you need to change the date or time of your server in the future.

Pengke11,

Thanks for that response.

I liked the lovely caveat at the bottom!!!!

My customer is running 2.0.2.16, and though NTP is set it is loosing time very quickly.

You mention that On the Date and Time page you can set this, but I am unable to locate this through CLI or Administration.

Can you confirm where this page is please.

Rgrds,

NeilW

[edit]

Found the information being referred. It is in the document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/installation/guide/mpxinst3.html#wpxref88441

posted to help others

so can set during install the timezone & date/time after that only via NTP it seems.

[/edit]

anybody knows where this page has moved?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: