Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone takes a long time to dial out_Analog Lines_CME

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a setup with 8 analog lines.All the 8 lines are configured under one trunk group.

When i try to dial outside ...the phones take too much time to dial out.

Please let me knoe if any one has a solution for this

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's likely that you're using a destination pattern of 9T for your dial peers. This causes the system to wait for the interdigit timeout before sending the call out. You can fix the issue by creating more specific dial peers such as:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

port 0/0/0

This dial peer would allow 7 digit local calls. You can post a "show run" to verify.

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Thanks for your reply .

I have added a part config from the CME as an attachment.Also please advice me on the best dial-peer that can be used for International Dialing.

The dial peer for international calls will depend on the dial plan for your country. For example, in the US we use a dial peer similar to:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

prefix 011

port 0/0/0

The issue you're having with calls taking too long to complete is due to the fact that all of your dial peers with the exception of 70 end with T. This tells the system to wait for the interdigit timeout or for # before sending the call. If the dial plan for your country has variable length numbers, this may be necessary. In that case, you can press # after entering the number to cause the call to complete immediately.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: