Views
Helpful
Replies

CME router crashing

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

having a situation here with a new customer and wanted to see if you guys had any opinions. first off, the customer has a 2851 CCME V4.1 at their central site. they also have about 6 other locations connecting to this site (They have extended thier CCME across the WAN and we are now working with them to resolve this design issue).

basically, the router is crashing everyday. ive attached two crashinfo files however this is the important thing

they first had CCME version 3.3 that worked fine. they upgraded to 4.1 and that is when these issues started to arise. to ensure that this was correct, we downgraded to 3.3 and the problem did stop. we left this for about a week and the system worked fine. we then upgraded to 4.1 again and the router started crashing consistently every day again (router upgraded yesterday to 4.1 and has crashed today - software forced reload)

i previously opened a case but nothing solid came out of it.

again see two attached files that i took off the system.

im going to change the memory on this system today as my gut feeling is that it is the memory that is causing all this havoc.

thanks again and appreciate all the replies.

2 Replies 2

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like a TCL script - can you remove the TCL and see what happens?

memory was the issue. replaced and all is good

thanks for the reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: