cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rightfax SR140

parallaxtech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get full documentation of how to implement the SR140 on a cisco network? I have looked all over the place and cannot find any documentation.

Adam

58 Replies 58

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Good luck on finding much on anything. The Right Fax solution does not have much on configuration of a new install. I wish their documentation was as detailed as the rest of Cisco's documentation.

Check this link as this is about as good as it gets:

http://www.dialogic.com/support/helpweb/brooktrout/docs.htm

This link is good for other Captaris Right Fax guides:

http://www.captaris.com/support/documentation/rightfax/index.html

Let me know if you need any help as i have done a couple of installs with the Right FAX solution and the SR140 boards.

The basics are to add the fax server as a H323 gateway and utilize a route pattern pointing to it. Configure your Fax server as a H323 gateway.

Thanks for your quick response. I have been to both of those sites and read those docs. I have everything installed but I am trying to figure out how to route the info from the pstn to the RF server. I have a 2811 ISR and CCM 4.2.

You use a route pattern that points to the RF server that you have added as a H323 gateway.

I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to all this. Could you walk me through the setup?

That page isn't available.

HTTP Status 404 - /eforum/servlet/null

type Status report

message /eforum/servlet/null

description The requested resource (/eforum/servlet/null) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.12

Ok. I created the gateway in my CM for the RF server and I also created a Route Pattern pointing to that server. When I try to call directly to the server it picks up but I dont receive any fax tone. Is there much configuration that I need to do within the SR140 settings?

Have you actually created the H323 gateway on the RF server?

No I didn't. How do you do that?

In the Brooktrout configuration tool add the Gateway and point back to your ccm

Ok. We went under the IP parameters and added our CCM under the h323_default_gateway. We still cannot receive a fax tone when we try to call the RF server. We can see that it picks up the call but it times out.

When we try to send a fax we receive an error "Phone Line Problem"

do you have user set up to receive the incoming fax? Not the default of 100. you need what ever is being sent over from ccm to have that extension in the fax server

Also do you see in the enterprise fax manager that the call is coming?

Is all licensing completed?

The user is all setup in RF. We can see the call in EFM. When we call in we get dead air and then after about 5 seconds it goes to a busy tone. All licensing is completed. If you would like screen shots/logs of what is happening let me know. I appreciate all of your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: