Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks ACL Manager 1.6 Change unable to check in or undo checkout

sding2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an ACL checked out. The wired thing is it;s showing version 98 and parent version is also 98 in the change version history. All other history is showing version one higher than the parent version. I could not do anything with it. Could not check in, could not undo checkout. The error message when check the version detail is " Cannot get version properties. Entity does not exist." . The error when trying to check in is the same. When try to undo check out, the error is " java.io.EOFException: expecting cod".

Is there any way I can release the lock? so I can modify it later?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Checking In Entities

After your changes to an entity version are complete, you must check in the entity. The entity will move to a checked-in state. If change approval has been enabled, for ACLs and templates, then the entity moves to the pending state, indicating that the version has been submitted for approval.

Checking Out Entities

In order to make changes to an entity, you must check it out.

Only an entity that is in the checked in state can be checked out.

Before checking out an entity, we recommend that you perform a Get Latest Version operation (see Getting the Latest Version of an Entity), to avoid having to do a merge.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/sqsw/sq/tech/mcacs_wp.htm

Thanks for replying.

The issue I could not check in. The error is" Cannot get version properties, entity does not exist" when try to check in the change in My Changes folder.

I could not check out either. The error is "ACL-Name exclusively locked by user me".

and I could not delete the ACL either.

Is there any way I can release the lock manually?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: