Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1861 ISR: snmpwalk timeout on sysObjectID MIB variable

leorob123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks!

I'm doing a snmpwalk query on a Cisco 1861 ISR.

I'quering the following MIB variables:

C:\>snmpwalk -v2c -c public 88.63.17.142 sysdescr

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco IOS Software, C1861 Software (C1861-ADVIP SERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Sat 17-Nov-07 05:31 by prod_rel_team

C:\>snmpwalk -v2c -c public 88.63.17.142 sysObjectID

Timeout: No Response from 88.63.17.142

The sysObjectID goes in timeout.

What kind of problem I'm hitting?

Any ehlps would be appreciate.

Thanks a lot

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Most likely. This code looks to be the same code that ships with the router. You should probably move to a 12.4T release (e.g. 12.4(15)T). You may be seeing a stack trace on the router's console when you poll for sysObjectID. If so, that would be helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The syntax looks fine. What other objects time out? Is it just sysObjectID, or are there others? Does sysObjectID always time out? If possible, enable "debug snmp packet", repeat the problem, and post the output.

yes Joe,

the only MIB variable timeout is sysObjectID.

Is it possible a IOS bug?

I will enable debug as you suggest.

Thanks

Leonardo

Most likely. This code looks to be the same code that ships with the router. You should probably move to a 12.4T release (e.g. 12.4(15)T). You may be seeing a stack trace on the router's console when you poll for sysObjectID. If so, that would be helpful.

thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: