cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Connected before answer

jroussy
Level 1
Level 1

SIP Phone 7911G (SIP11.8-4-1S) when call outside show 'Connected' during 'ringing' so I try to see the 'debug voip ccapi inout' but I don't really understand, can someone help me or give me some reference?

9 Replies 9

steven.lass
Level 1
Level 1

Is your connection to the PSTN a POTS line?

Yes, why?

An FXS/FXO does not have setup acknowledge, progress indication, and etc. like ISDN and other signaling protocols. The ringing and connect are in-band, so the gateway will send back that is it connected as soon as it grabs the line.

-steve

In this case why it's work with SCCP phone?

I would imagine that the same thing happens with a SCCP phone, except that, when using SIP, the call is 'connected' with the H.323 or MGCP-controlled gateway while it is ringing. With SCCP, the phone only receives call control commands from the Call Manager.

Edit: I meant to say "when using SCCP", not "when using SIP".

So it's normal and I can do nothing to correct that's?

That is interesting. I would have expected the callmanager to map the signaling from the MGCP/H323 gateway to the equivalent SCCP and SIP messages.

I was not able to find a solution when I noticed this with an IOS gateway using a SIP trunk to an FXO. Your setup is different.

If you have loop-start FX, "supervisory answer dualtone" in the voice port config may change what is signaled to the callmanager, and possibly ba mapped differently.

Unfortunately, I no longer have any FXO lines in my lab, so I cannot try this myself.

-steve

Same here, all this, is for one of my customer and in my lab I don't have what it take to test. My client tell me he already test with the command "supervisory answer dualtone" on the voice port of his MGCP gateway but... I would like to test it myself...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: