cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista 64bit VPN client support

randall0123a
Level 1
Level 1

I have read that currently Cisco VPN Client does not support Vista 64bit OS, and that AnyConnect does. I have a WinXP laptop which I have Cisco VPN Client installed with MANY (about 50) *.pcf profiles installed. I loaded AnyConnect on my new Vista 64bit desktop, and expected to load the same *.pcf profiles. But apparently AnyConnect uses XML profiles which I do not fully understand. Is there a simple solution to configuring my AnyConnect using these pcf profiles, which comprise host address, group authentication, and username/pwd? Or, is there a solution so I can use Cisco VPN Client on my Vista 64bit desktop?

2 Replies 2

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

did you figure out migrating the pcf files to the xml files.

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.